General Data Protection at the Serbian Association of Endoscopic Surgery (SAES)
- How we collect information from members or other individuals;
- Which information we collect and why;
- How we use the information;
- Which information we share;
- How long we keep the personal information;
- How you can adjust or delete your personal information;
- Who has access to this information.
The Serbian Association of Endoscopic Surgery is committed to protecting your privacy.
Information Collected Through the Services
Through Our Services, SAES collects certain personal information, as follows:
- Information You Provide to Us:
You may provide personal identification information and fields of interest to us through the Services
– for example, when you apply for Membership, use the Services to send emails or other communications, attend one of our Events, send us an email, or communicate with us in any other way. When applying for Membership you will be asked to provide certain basic information such as a name, email address, username, password, institute, occupation, location and phone number. You may also need to provide us with payment and billing information such as the credit card details and billing address. As a Member, SAES will also maintain a record of your membership payments, transactional information, Membership history, Services history and usage, and any communications and responses. We may also collect personal information, such as your contact information, job details and feedback, when you attend our events, take part in surveys, or through other business or marketing interactions we may have with you.
- Information We Collect Automatically Through the Services:
This information allows us to improve the content and operation of the Services, and facilitate research and analysis of the Services. Please be aware that we use beacons in our newsletter emails to recipients delivered using the MailChimp platform. These beacons track certain behaviour such as whether the email sent through the MailChimp platform was delivered, opened, clicked on, whether it bounced or was treated as spam. This allows us to measure the performance of our email campaigns, and to provide analytics information and enhance the effectiveness of our Services. We collect this information automatically through the use of various commonly used information- gathering technologies including cookies and beacons, to collect information as users and Visitors navigate the Website. We use these technologies to analyse trends, administer Web sites, track users’ and Visitors’ movements around our Website, serve targeted advertisements and gather demographic information about our user and Visitor base as a whole. We do so to provide the Services as described in this document.
- Use of Information
We use your personal information for purposes which include:
- To provide, operate, optimize and maintain the Services;
- To deal with Member enquiries and support requests, and to provide information and access to resources or services that they have requested from Us;
- To process and complete transactions;
- To compile aggregated statistics about the operation and use of the Services and to better understand the preferences of our Members, with the goal to improve our Services;
- To send our Member alerts, reports, updates, invitations and other Service-related communications;
- To carry out research and development to improve our products and services;
- To send you marketing communications (where this is in accordance with your communication preferences. Those persons who indicated that they no longer wish to receive our newsletters will not receive such communications as of that moment);
- Investigate and prevent fraud, unauthorized access or use of Services, breaches of terms and policies, and other wrongful behaviour;
- To carry out other legitimate member purposes, as well as other lawful.
- Information We Share
We may share and disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- To vendors and other third-party service providers who require access to your personal information to assist in the provision of the Services, and other businessrelated functions (e.g. congress registration program software, surveys and evaluations).
- To partners and sponsors: Certain parts of the Services may be offered in connection with other companies who are partners or sponsors. When you use these types of Services, We will ensure that the identity of those partners or sponsors is clearly visible and that you have an opportunity not to proceed or to opt out. Such information will be handled in accordance with their own privacy policies and if you have questions, you can contact the partner or sponsor directly (e.g. providing a course participants list).
- We may also disclose your information to third parties: (a) where required by law or regulatory requirement, court order or other judicial authorization, (b) in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including for the purposes of meeting national security and law enforcement requirements; (c) in connection with the sale, transfer, merger, bankruptcy, restructuring or other reorganization of a business; (d) to protect or defend our rights, interests or property, or that of third parties; (e) to investigate any wrongdoing in connection with the website or our services; or (f) to protect the vital interests of an individual.
- With your explicit.
- Third Party Sites
Our Services may contain links to websites of partners of SAES and their services that are outside our control and are not covered by this Policy. For example, we may partner with other associations or content partners. While we try to link only to Services that share our standards for privacy, we are not responsible for the content, security or privacy practices employed by other sites.
- Our Security
We maintain reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure the safety of your personal information (e.g. virus protection, back-ups).
- Sensitive Data
SAES does not knowingly solicit or collect, and you should not provide, any information regarding an individual’s medical or health condition, race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs or other sensitive data. We do not register such information.
- Information about International Transfers
If Services are provided to specific persons; your personal information may be stored and processed by us in any country where we have facilities or where we engage service providers, and by reading this Policy and using the Services you acknowledge that your personal information may be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have different data protection rules to those of Your country. Where we do so, our collection, storage and use of your personal information will be in accordance with the purposes set out in this Policy.
- Your Choices and Opt-Outs
By applying for, renewing and/or accepting our Membership Program you Opt-in as to all related Services. You can opt out of specific Services (e.g. receiving our Newsletter, Invitations for Events) from us at any time, or opt out from having your contact information shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. You can opt out of our marketing emails by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of our marketing messages. Also, all opt out requests can be made by emailing us at email@example.com. Please note that it may take up to 10 days to remove your contact information from our marketing communications lists, so you may receive correspondence from us for a short time after you make your request. Please note that some communication (such as service messages, account notifications, billing information) is considered transactional and necessary for account management and you cannot opt out of these messages unless you request to end your SAES Membership.
- Other Data Rights
SAES takes reasonable steps to ensure that the data we collect is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete and up to date. However, if you want to contact usdirectly about accessing, limiting, changing or deleting your personal information, or altering your data or marketing preferences, or receiving a copy of your personalinformation we retain, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Who has access
Only the staff of the SAES Office has access to your personal information. Other parties will receive information only as far as necessary to aid us in providing specific Services.
- Retention of Your Personal Information
We will retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Policy unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law, for legal, tax or regulatory reasons, or other lawful purposes.
- Updates to this Policy
We reserve the right to change or update this Policy from time to time. If changes are made, we will place a prominent notice on our website or communicate with you directly by email or through the Services, and will update the last revised date at the top of this Policy. We encourage you to regularly check this page to ensure you are up to date with any changes.
- How to Contact Us
If You have any questions or concerns regarding the use or disclosure of your personal information through the Services, you can contact us by sending an email to email@example.com or by contacting us at: SAES Office, Clinical Center of Serbia, Center for scientific research, Visegradska 26, Belgrade.